Senior director, business development US
Email interest to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Raremark (raremark.com) is looking for a Senior Director, Business Development, to play a leading role in representing the company to potential clients in the crucial US market, centered on Boston.
You will help to define the business development strategy for Raremark in the US, based on market feedback and our product roadmap, and report directly to the company founder Julie Walters. This is a pivotal role at an important time of growth for the company and the first position in our US sales team.
The position offers excellent prospects for career advancement, including promotion to Vice President, dependent on results.
You will be self-driven; used to working independently and within a structured, reporting framework; familiar with the life science industry and clinical research in particular; and excellent at building professional relationships. You will enjoy travelling and meeting those at the forefront of drug development in rare disease.
- Generate and lead new conversations with potential clients for Raremark, centered on Boston, and extending to the east coast, including New York, New Jersey and North Carolina
- Structure, negotiate and close significant deals in line with the company’s business development objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the company’s business development team to ensure documentation is produced efficiently and accurately
Experience & competencies
- Proven track record in identifying appropriate prospects and closing deals in the pharmaceutical industry
- A life sciences degree with at least 5 years’ experience focused on clinical research
- Excellent people skills, including an ability to build relationships over time
- Used to working with international teams: Raremark’s leadership team is based in London and founder Julie Walters spends at least 50% of her time in Boston
- Willing to embrace our values of enterprise, boldness, responsibility and intellectual curiosity
If this sounds like you, please email your resume to email@example.com telling us why we’re a fit for each other.