Email interest to:email@example.com
Raremark (raremark.com), an exciting and well-funded health-tech start-up based in London is looking for a VP/Lead of Engineering to help the CPO lead a growing digital team in London and Ukraine (Kiev).
You will be a few years away from becoming a CTO; passionate about innovating with web technologies; and care deeply about developing secure systems architecture and web experiences that will make a real impact on people who are affected by rare conditions.
You will have led technical teams and have had experience with building and deploying machine learning environments.
You will be self-driven; used to working independently and within a structured, reporting framework; familiar with agile and scrum methodologies; and excellent at communication.
- Integrate yourself into the wider digital team and lead the technical team in London and Ukraine (front-end, back-end and QA) – this will require frequent travel to Kiev
- Balance your time effectively between writing code, overseeing deployment, leading the technical team and working closely with the CPO on developing user-centric product roadmaps
- Make sure you and the team communicate your progress by staying on top of JIRA tickets
- Oversee technical capacity planning
- Work hard and inspire your team to meet tight deadlines
- Take ultimate ownership of the security and integrity of Raremark’s digital systems
- Report directly to the CPO
- Be flexible as the team grows and take a leading role in the evolution of development processes as we move from start-up to scale-up
Experience & competencies
- Leading a technical team
- Working independently
- Restful APIs
- Experience building applications with Rails, Python or similar
- Elastic Search
- Building and deploying machine learning environments (ideally within an AWS environment)
- Experience of integrating with modern front-end frameworks such as Angular and React
- Jira / Confluence
- It would be great if you also have experience of:
GDPR / HIPAA and privacy by design
What does success look like?
After three months, you will have integrated yourself into the engineering team (Ukraine and London) and proved yourself as an effective and trusted leader who is able to inspire your team to deliver quality code in a start-up environment. This means making the right-size technical solution that works for the size of team, budgets and solution. You will have understood the technical infrastructure and be able to find ways of improving it. And in addition, you will have scoped out the requirements that will form the basis of our machine learning projects.
By 6 months you will be expected to have deployed our first machine learning environment. You will have taken ultimate ownership of the entire Raremark platform, including its security and integrity, from development right through to production operations. And proven that you can create an inclusive development team between two locations.
And by 12 months you will start to deploy code less as you help to; grow the team; mature coding practices and; move away from the tactical day-to-day operations and towards the strategic decisions.
If this sounds like you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why we’re a fit for each other.